ABOUT YICHALAL FUTBOL CLUB
History of the Minnesota YICHALAL FUTBOL CLUB
In Sydney, Australia, we were blessed to witness a heroic performance of our athletes in front of the world in the Sydney Olympics. This was indeed an event that the world would never afford to forget for years to come. For Africans in general and Ethiopians in particular the very scene of the Sydney Olympics would never fade away easily from our minds until we see once again similar resounding victories that surpass what have already experienced.
"YICHALAL was a word , a promise, a commitment given in Addis Ababa by our famous runner "HAILE GEBRESILASIE" prior to the long journey to Sydney. It was to mean "WE CAN MAKE IT ". WE CAN MAKE IT even if conditions at the ground seem to tell otherwise. WE CAN MAKE IT even if the whole world expects otherwise. And we made it. Praise to God". (quoted from `Akababi`)
Now we, from "YICHALAL Futbol Club" are using HAILE'S slogan as the name of our team.
The Minnesota YICHALAL Futbol Club began with a few soccer loving individuals and a great idea. These individuals developed this idea slowly, at first. But soon YICHALAL FUTBOL Club was in such demand amongst the Ethiopian community in Minnesota that it continued to develope as one of the strongest soccer clubs in Minnesota.
The main purpose of "YICHALAL FUTBOL CLUB" is as follows:
- To represents and serve the Whole Ethiopian Community of Minnesota
- To participate in soccer activities that would nurture personal qualities, Physical fitness, self-esteem, commitment, perseverance, teamwork, and emotional stability thaerance, teamwork, and emotional stability that would unlimately help young people become responsible adults and productive citizens
- To promote equality and unity within the club and our community
- To build a competitive team that will take part in local leagues and tournaments as well as national events
- To make a contribution to the sports of Soccer by raising funds and collecting equipment for youth in Ethiopia.Currently, YICHALAL FUTBOL Club has grown in its players and player's talents to be a powerful presence in Minnesota. The club is not affiliated with any political or religious organizations and shall abide by the laws written for non-profit organization in the state of Minnesota.
THE EXECUTIVE TEAM:
Muluken Doyamo:, President & Web-site Designer
Abebaw Yilma, Vice President/Sectary
Tadele Lema, Manager
Daniel Lema, Financial Officer I
Daniel Tilahun, Financial Officer II
Alem Tesfaye, Public Relations
TBA, Team Captain I
TBA, Team Captain II
Yichalal Football Club is a non-profit organization founded in 2002 dedicated to youth development and community service through excellence in the sports of soccer.
Individuals have come together to form and build YICHALAL Futbol Club on the basis of comraderie and mutual respect. YICHALAL Futbol Club shall represent and serve the Whole Ethiopian Community of Minnesota. The club shall not be affiliated with any political or religious organizations and is available to all members of the community who wish to participate in building a positive avenue of recreation for our youth.
YICHALAL Futbol Club is founded on the belief that participation in soccer nurtures personal qualities. Physical fitness, self-esteem, commitment, perseverance, teamwork, and emotional stability are qualities that unlimately help young people become responsible adults and productive citizens. we will strive to create a positive atmosphere where members of the community can come together in the spirit of good sportsmanship.
We wish to promote equality and unity within the club and the community. We will build a competitive team that will take part in local leagues and tournaments as well as national events. YICHALAL Futbol Club will make a contribution to the sports of Soccer by raising funds and collecting equipment for youth in Ethiopia.